Three Simple Steps to Your 2019 Financial Plan
Set a new course with a roadmap to your financial future
With a new year comes the opportunity to start afresh and set a new course. It is a blank page on which you can draw a clear roadmap for your financial future: a simple financial plan that will guide your decisions and actions through 2019.
When you know where you are going, and you know where you are, it is easy to plot the best – and fastest – route to your destination. That’s exactly what a financial plan is – a route to the financial future you want. And you can plot it in these three simple steps
1. Where you are going
Think about what you would like to improve in your financial situation, and dream about a financial future that will bring you satisfaction and happiness.
Here are a few examples of goals that are shared by most of us:
- To increase income
- To be able to pay expenses comfortably, every month
- To take care of loved ones, come what may
- To be free of debt
- To have money saved up for dreams, such as an overseas holiday, a university education for the kids, or perhaps starting your own business
- To be financially independent and secure in your golden years
You can decide what you want your financial future to look like. Choose a destination that inspires you!
2. Where you are now
Pinpoint where you are now in terms of each of the goals you have set. For example:
- What is your income, before and after deductions?
- What are your expenses?
- What emergency fund and insurance do you have to cover your loved ones?
- How much debt do you have?
- How much interest do you pay?
- How much longer must you pay?
- How much money have you saved up?
- How far are you to a financially independent retirement?
3. Plotting the route
Don’t worry if the road between where you are now and where you are going seems long, difficult or even impossible. There are people who have the knowledge and experience to find the best route. They are financial coaches. And they are just a click away. They will help you plot – and take – every step on the way. Grab the opportunity to set a new course this new year with a clear roadmap, and a financial coach to guide and help you every step of the way.